On WaterCouch.tv, Rabbi Awraham Soetendorp shares a practical example of international water cooperation that emerged during the 2013 World Water Day celebrations in The Hague, The Netherlands. In one of the sessions, BRAC WASH programme director Dr Babar Kabir explained that his programme had trained 18,000 imams in Bangladesh to include hygiene messages in their Friday prayers (see Kabir, 2010).
Category cloudBangladesh Campaigns & Events Capacity development China Emergencies Financing Gender Governance Hygiene promotion India Information and communication Nepal On-site sanitation Pakistan Policies & legislation Publications Rural WASH Sanitation School sanitation South Asia Sri Lanka Urban WASH Wastewater treatment Water-related diseases Water collection Water distribution Water quality Water resources management Water supply Water treatment
Tag Cloudarsenic Asian Development Bank bottled water cholera climate change Community-Led Total Sanitation corruption diarrhoeal diseases drinking water drought floods groundwater overexploitation groundwater pollution handwashing IRC International Water and Sanitation Centre Kathmandu Upatyaka Khanepani Limited manual scavenging Melamchi Water Supply Project menstrual hygiene open defecation open defecation-free villages private sector participation public-private partnerships public toilets rainwater harvesting rural sanitation rural water supply sanitation coverage sanitation promotion slums source_publish surface water pollution Total Sanitation Campaign UN-HABITAT UNICEF urban sanitation urban water supply WaterAid Water and Sanitation Program water conflicts water pollution water shortage water supply charges water utilities World Bank
- Leadership for Water Security in Asia and the Pacific May 20, 2013Statement by ADB President Takehiko Nakao on 20 May 2013 at the 2nd Asia-Pacific Water Summit in Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Flood Risk Management: A Strategic Approach May 20, 2013This book results from an international collaborative effort to explore and distil best practice approaches to flood risk management in challenging large scale and inter-related environments.
- Basin Water Allocation Planning: Principles, Procedures and Approaches for Basin Allocation Planning May 20, 2013This book considers modern approaches to dealing with issues of access to water at the basin scale, particularly through the allocation of water among administrative regions.
- River Basin Planning Principles: Procedures and Approaches for Strategic Basin Planning May 20, 2013This book distils best practice approaches to basin planning in large and complex basins and provides an overview of the emerging good practice.
- Tapped Out: Solving Asia's Water Crisis - ADB's Take May 20, 2013ADB works in water, investing over $2 billion annually to provide people in Asia and the Pacific with sustainable access to clean water and improved sanitation.
- Aabid Surti: Fixing Mumbai's Leaks One Tap at a Time May 8, 2013Author, cartoonist and painter Aabid Surti champions water conservation by fixing leaks in Mumbai’s poor households, one tap at a time.
- e-Quarterly Research Bulletin - Volume 4, Number 1 May 2, 2013In this issue of e-Quarterly News Bulletin: Innovations and Shortfalls in Fragile State Interventions; A ZEN Approach to Post-2015 Addressing the Range of Perspectives across Asia and the Pacific; Setting Cost Recoverable Tariffs for Expanding Water Services to Poor Households.
- ASEAN Infrastructure Fund Readies $1 Billion Pipeline for Lending Operations May 1, 2013The ASEAN Infrastructure Fund Limited is set to begin its lending operations in the second half of 2013, with a pipeline of around $1 billion in projects for the next three years.
- Clean Water, Sanitation Prime Indian Cities for Growth April 26, 2013In India’s fast-growing Madhya Pradesh State, sanitation and sewerage initiatives, along with refurbishments to aging water treatment plants, are making way for urban development.
- Asian Youth Forum: Empowering Young Partners for Development April 23, 2013The two-day Youth Forum aims at empowering young participants (ages 18-24) to learn, contribute, and advocate solutions to issues that young people face today.
- Leadership for Water Security in Asia and the Pacific May 20, 2013
- 155,105 hits