This blog contains news on water supply, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) services in Asia, collected by Cor Dietvorst, the editor of Source Weekly published by the IRC International Water and Sanitation Centre
Category cloudBangladesh Campaigns & Events Capacity development China Emergencies Financing Gender Governance Hygiene promotion India Information and communication Nepal On-site sanitation Pakistan Policies & legislation Publications Rural WASH Sanitation School sanitation South Asia Sri Lanka Urban WASH Wastewater treatment Water-related diseases Water collection Water distribution Water quality Water resources management Water supply Water treatment
Tag CloudAndhra Pradesh arsenic arsenic mitigation arsenic removal Asian Development Bank AusAID bottled water BRAC child health cholera climate change Coca Cola Community-Led Total Sanitation corruption decentralisation Delhi Jal Board diarrhoeal diseases drinking water drought floods Global Handwashing Day groundwater overexploitation groundwater pollution handwashing household water treatment hygiene behaviour internally displaced persons IRC International Water and Sanitation Centre islands Kathmandu Upatyaka Khanepani Limited latrines local government manual scavenging Melamchi Water Supply Project menstrual hygiene Nirmal Gram Puraskar open defecation open defecation-free villages private sector participation public-private partnerships public toilets rainwater harvesting Red Cross rural sanitation rural water supply S0801-Asia S0802-Asia sanitation coverage sanitation promotion scavengers school absenteism schools slums source_publish subsidies Sulabh International surface water pollution Total Sanitation Campaign training courses UN-HABITAT UNICEF urban sanitation urban water supply WaterAid Water and Sanitation Program water conflicts water conservation water crisis water pollution water privatisation water quality monitoring water shortage water supply charges water utilities World Bank
- Keeping Nepal's Waters Flowing December 6, 2013ADB is helping Nepal’s remote mountain communities manage their water resources in the face of climate change challenges.
- 3rd ADB–DMC and Partners Sanitation Dialogue: 11th Hour to MDGs 2015 December 5, 2013Around 1.7 billion people in Asia and the Pacific still have no access to safe sanitation, 780 million people still practice open defecation, and around 80% of wastewater is discharged without treatment, resulting in pollution and exposure to diarrheal diseases, the second leading cause of infant and child deaths worldwide.
- Training on Wastewater Management Expert Systems December 2, 2013National and city-level government officials from ADB members will be introduced to and trained in the use of the Wastewater Management Expert Systems (WaMEx), an application that aims to help decision-makers and planners in designing options to address different wastewater management scenarios.
- Workshop on Promoting Innovations in Wastewater Management December 2, 2013Decision makers and experts on wastewater management will assess the need to update the Colombo Municipal Council wastewater master plan in this in-country workshop supported by ADB.
- NARBO Online Training Course on River Basin Management 2nd Edition November 26, 2013The Network of Asian River Basins Organizations (NARBO) Online Training Course on River Basin Management (RBM) will enable professionals to further develop their skills in the field.
- NARBO Online Training Course on Environmental Management 2nd Edition November 26, 2013The Network of Asian River Basins Organizations (NARBO) Online Training Course on Environmental Management will enable professionals to further develop their skills in the field within the framework of river basin management (RBM).
- 亚行支持中国污水再生利用 November 20, 2013菲律宾马尼拉（2013年11月20日讯）—亚洲开发银行（亚行）为帮助中华人民共和国（中国）改善污水处理质量和推广再生利用，向综合水务设施运营商北控水务集团有限公司（北控水务）提供了2.4亿美元的私营部门贷款。该项贷款协议已于今日在北京签署。
- ADB Supports Wastewater Reuse in People's Republic of China November 20, 2013ADB is helping the People’s Republic of China improve the quality of wastewater management and reuse through a $240 million private sector loan package to Beijing Enterprises Water Group Limited, an integrated water infrastructure operator. The loan agreement was signed today in Beijing.
- Cost of Adaptation to Rising Coastal Water Levels for the People's Republic of China, Japan, and the Republic of Korea November 20, 2013This publication explores the potential costs for coastal adaptation from 2010 until 2050 in East Asia due to climate-induced sea-level rise and possibly more intense tropical cyclones.
- Beyond the MDGs - What will the Global Development Agenda look like after 2015? November 7, 2013This issue of Development Asia discusses the post-2015 development agenda and its implications for Asia and the Pacific.
- Keeping Nepal's Waters Flowing December 6, 2013
- 162,240 hits