This album by Tariq Jahangir has 230 photographs covering solid waste, public toilets (including school toilets and mosque toilets), wastewater, drains, sewerage, wastewater treatment plants, and hospital waste.
Category cloudBangladesh Campaigns & Events Capacity development China Emergencies Financing Gender Governance Hygiene promotion India Information and communication Nepal On-site sanitation Pakistan Policies & legislation Publications Rural WASH Sanitation School sanitation South Asia Sri Lanka Urban WASH Wastewater treatment Water-related diseases Water collection Water distribution Water quality Water resources management Water supply Water treatment
Tag Cloudarsenic arsenic mitigation Asian Development Bank AusAID bottled water BRAC changing behaviour child health cholera climate change Coca Cola Community-Led Total Sanitation corruption decentralisation diarrhoeal diseases drinking water drought finance floods Global Handwashing Day groundwater overexploitation groundwater pollution handwashing household water treatment hygiene behaviour internally displaced persons irc's approach IRC International Water and Sanitation Centre islands Kathmandu Upatyaka Khanepani Limited latrines local government local support manual scavenging Melamchi Water Supply Project menstrual hygiene monitoring Nirmal Gram Puraskar open defecation open defecation-free villages private sector participation public-private partnerships public toilets rainwater harvesting Red Cross rural sanitation rural water supply sanitation coverage sanitation promotion scavengers schools slums source_publish subsidies Sulabh International surface water pollution Total Sanitation Campaign training courses UN-HABITAT UNICEF urban sanitation urban water supply WaterAid Water and Sanitation Program water conflicts water conservation water crisis water pollution water privatisation water quality monitoring water security water shortage water supply charges water utilities World Bank
- 3rd ADB–DMC and Partners Sanitation Dialogue: 11th Hour to MDGs 2015 May 27, 2014Around 1.7 billion people in Asia and the Pacific still have no access to safe sanitation, 780 million people still practice open defecation, and around 80% of wastewater is discharged without treatment, resulting in pollution and exposure to diarrheal diseases, the second leading cause of infant and child deaths worldwide.
- 3rd Asia-Netherlands Water Learning Week March 5, 2014The 3rd Asia-Netherlands Water Learning Week will build on the successful experience of the 1st and 2nd Asia-Netherlands Water Learning Week in which more than 60 Asian water leaders compared experiences with colleagues in the Netherlands in making smart choices for water security and green growth.
- Water is a Woman's Business in Indonesia's Aceh and Nias March 3, 2014A water supply and sanitation project in the Indonesian provinces of Aceh and Nias is giving women a 'voice' in water-related decision-making.
- Bhutan: Country Operations Business Plan (2014-2016) February 17, 2014The country operations business plan (COBP) for Bhutan for 2014-2016 describes the consistency of the business plan with the interim country partnership strategy for Bhutan for 2014.
- Tomorrow's Women Water Leaders in Lao PDR February 13, 2014Scholarships for young women in Lao People's Democratic Republic are helping today's students become tomorrow's water leaders.
- Women and Water Project Management in Asia and the Pacific February 13, 2014The role of women in the design and management of water projects in Asia and the Pacific is vital to their long term success and sustainability.
- From the Shallows to the Deep: Who is taking the lead? Women, Water and Leadership: A Workshop for Asia and the Pacific February 13, 2014This regional workshop, sponsored by the ADB Water and Gender Equity Communities of Practice and co-organized with the International Water Management Institute (IWMI), will provide informative and innovative discussion on female leadership within water and provide a platform for different parties to interact.
- ADB Provides Additional $25 Million To Complete Melamchi Tunnel February 12, 2014ADB will provide an additional $25 million loan to the Government of Nepal to complete the Melamchi tunnel and help alleviate a severe water shortage in the Kathmandu Valley.
- No Impact Week at ADB 2014 February 11, 2014The Asian Development Bank is holding its 2nd No Impact Week from 22 February to 2 March 2014 to encourage personnel to transform their work and personal lifestyles to lessen their impact on the planet and our communities.
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene for a Healthy Asia and the Pacific February 7, 2014Countries in Asia and the Pacific need to prioritize investments in water supply and sanitation services to support vibrant and livable cities.
- 3rd ADB–DMC and Partners Sanitation Dialogue: 11th Hour to MDGs 2015 May 27, 2014
- 164,725 hits